Friday, May 13, 2011
The first things that come to mind when I think of concepts I gained are equifinaliry and the transformational managment style. Though these concepts have nothing to do with one another, for me I'd like to take away, and remind myself the two for the rest of my life. Equifinality means we can do things differently and get the same result, there is no universal way to get an answer, outcome, increase, or response. In the work setting it's important to remember we all come from different backgrounds our culture and the diversity we bring will only enable and enhance each group experience and outcome if we allow it to, Also, the term transformational management came to mind because I will strive and do strive to be this kind of employee, Someone who lays down the rules, obides them, and leads by example. In the future I hope to have a strong folowing of employees who see my dedication and thus work harder, creating a better work environment for everyone. I could go on and on, but for lack of time right now- Ill stop! Loved this course my favorite by far, the most applicable~!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent post! I also liked reading about equifinality and how being creative allows you to find different solutions to a problem. The textbook also suggests to practice "openness- a supportive communication climate-during the problem solving process" (p. 174). One last thing that a group can do is to build trust so that people can share ideas freely. The book also mentions that "different groups achieve successful results by taking advantage of the unique combination of characteristics and strengths of their particular group" (p. 32). This made me think of the importance of diversity and how everyone needs to feel respected.
ReplyDelete