Saturday, March 5, 2011
Consultant observers provide excellent insite as to how the group or team could improve productivity and communication flow. An observer can point out critical thinking skills, organization (understanding and use of forming, norming, storming and performing phases), communication (verbal, nonverbal, feedback and clarity), problem solving, and solutions (calculated, complete and clearly articulated,future actions specified). It is apparent that the observer is necessary to take an objective outside perspective on the group, free from ties or decision making power, when analyzing the small group at hand.The consultant observer could also fill out a scale form that provides feedback that can be translated into some definable measure Outside observers are a crucial part of change in a group dynamic, and as I realized I am often an observer when I go around town. I can think of numerous small groups that need observers to help them accomplish more, offering objective unbiased feedback.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment